Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Cassandra Apron: Two is Better than One



Here are two matching aprons that I sewed for a friend of mine.  I only wish I would have sewn three, because I have to admit that I will have a hard time parting with these aprons.   (I only hope that she likes it as much as me!)


I love her choice in fabric.   I actually have these prints in a multitude of colorways...and I am going to have to put them to use soon!  They are way to pretty to be sitting on the shelf.  They need to be turned into something pretty to wear.  :) 

The front of the apron is a vibrant print.  It is bright green with a gorgeous Dahlia design on it.

The back of the apron is very calming color scheme.  The darker greens look so cool with the browns and warmer cream.

The ties and bindings are in in a vintage dot print.





Pattern Review:

I used the Emmeline Apron Pattern by Sew Liberated.  I love this pattern.  It is very quick to put together and so flattering on.  She also gives detailed instructions that ensure a sturdy apron that will last for generations.

Both aprons are fully reversible.   They have a gathered bodice, a wide a-line darted skirt, and extra long wide waste straps that can be tied in back or in front to give the apron a different look.

The pattern also provides full sized pieces printed on high quality paper.  (No flimsy tissue paper in this pattern!)  The only thing that doesn't have a pattern piece is the bias tape that you need to make to encase the sides of the bodice.  (Also used for the neck straps.) 



The front fabric is a beautiful water lily fabric by Sandi Henderson (for Michal Miller.)  (Part of the Sandi Henderson Ginger blossom collection.)

The back fabric is also by Sandi Henderson.  It is called Dahlia lime.  I have tried my hand at growing Dahlias in my garden this year.  I just hope they turn out half as pretty as the ones on this fabric. 

Well, thanks for looking!!

2 comments:

Deanna Jones said...

Great aprons! I've been wanting to try that pattern myself :)

The Attached Mama said...

Thanks very much Deanna! You should try that pattern! It is a great one. :)

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com